24 Hour Fitness, INC. Sr. Employee Relations Partner - Loss Prevention Investigations in San Ramon, California
LOCATION 12647 Alcosta Blvd San Ramon CA 94583
The Sr. Loss Prevention Investigations Partner is a key member of our centralized Employee Relations team responsible for the prompt, thorough, and objective investigation of Loss Prevention issues and team member concerns. This role will effectively conduct and manage complex cases from start to resolution while ensuring that team members are treated fairly and with respect, and that cases are investigated and brought to resolution in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
· Conduct investigations and manage cases for a wide variety of allegations including, but not limited to: theft, falsification of records, and workplace violence
· Strategically prepare for interviews and effectively interview complainants, subjects, and witnesses
· Prepare, maintain, and track all case related documents and communication in the designated case management system
· Communicate regularly regarding pending investigations and provide timely investigation reports with supporting documentation
· Consult with in house employment attorneys as needed to ensure compliance and consistent interpretation of relevant laws and regulations
· Apply independent judgment when providing guidance to HR and managers in the resolution of workplace concerns
· Develop effective relationships with team members, HR, and managers and become a trusted resource
· Identify macro trends and themes as it relates to Loss Prevention concerns and create, recommend, and influence positive change to solve the root problem
· Liaison with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies for investigative support and incident response
· Liaison with other compliance functions (including Internal Audit and Risk Management) to assist in evaluating and minimizing other company loss attributes through awareness, communication and training efforts
This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Team Member Relations and works effectively with both field and corporate positions, including but not limited to Loss Prevention, Operations, HR, Legal, Compensation, and club leadership. This position also interacts with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies as needed during investigative procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated skill and ability to conduct and resolve basic and complex investigations and develop sound, reasonable conclusions
Knowledge and experience in investigative techniques and local/state laws regarding apprehension and arrest, search and seizure, and rules of evidence
Experience with manipulation, evaluation, and analysis of data exception reports
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Ability to build rapport quickly and maintain effective working relationships
Ability to maintain a balanced and impartial viewpoint
A high level of confidentiality and integrity
Strong project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
High sense of urgency and bias for action
Strong attention to detail
Technical ability to use a wide array of systems from a user and admin perspective, including camera monitoring platforms
Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
Working knowledge of criminal and civil laws as they relate to Loss Prevention activity
Motivated with the ability to work independently
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
· Bachelor's degree
· Wicklander & Zulawski or John Reid interviewing and interrogation certification
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
· 3+ years in multi-unit environment as a Loss Prevention investigator/Loss Prevention manager
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
· May require extended hours of computer work
· Will require extended time talking on the phone
· 50% of the time conducting investigative interviews in person when needed
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This job may be reviewed as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and Workplace Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and 24 Hour Fitness' policies and procedures.
All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY : In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by 24 Hour Fitness as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to member and team members, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately.
Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Human Resources