24 Hour Fitness, INC. Director, Fitness Operations in San Ramon, California
LOCATION 12647 Alcosta Blvd San Ramon CA 94583
JOB SUMMARY -
The Director Fitness Operations is responsible for managing the fitness infrastructure to effectively implement the company's strategic fitness plans. This position works collaboratively with corporate and field partners, oversees product line implementation and will create, develop and respond to analytics and data for the programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Estimated % of Role
Fitness Infrastructure Management:
Responsible for managing the infrastructure (operating models, tools, systems, SOPs, metrics) to effectively implement the company's strategic fitness plans.
Partner with the VP Operations to develop strategy, identify opportunities, and drive optimization for Personal Training programming.
Test new fitness products, pilots, and/or programs to determine viability for 24 Hour Fitness.
Manage strategic transition from test/concept to scalable implementation
Operationalize fitness training content in partnership with Fitness Programs/Partnership and L&D.
Create tools/support for labor management in partnership with Club Operations
· Responsible for driving business case development and financial investment recommendations.
· Manage strategic transition from concept to practical implementation, addressing any issues that arise with implementation or management of programs
· Create recommendations for corporate fitness team initiatives based on the needs of the clubs. Prioritize needs to determine sequencing of initiatives.
· Provide input and perspective on new products and services related to Fitness programming.
· Strategic lens on marketplace to stay informed on industry and competitive trends/dynamics to prioritize capability development.
· Regular engagement across all cross-functional partners (and business units)
Management of Analytics and Fitness Operations Team:
· Manager, Fitness Operations -- Responsible for performing business process improvement and supporting the field organization with operational guidelines designed to improve the execution of fitness programs.
· Fitness Analyst -- Gathers and interprets fitness data and provides recommendations to improve quality and efficiency of fitness programs and process.
· Develop tools and resources for labor management in partnership with Club Operations
The Director Fitness Operations reports to the VP of Operations and interacts and manages business relationships with club and corporate team members across various departments. This role manages multiple direct reports, at manager and individual contributor levels.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
§ Strong knowledge of internal and external fitness business practices with the ability to be inquisitive and innovative
§ Strong analytical skills with the ability to proactively predict, identify and solve problems with purposeful solutions
§ Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and independent projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
§ Strong interpersonal, organizational, project management and communication skills.
§ High level of detail orientation, flexibility, and comfort supporting organization change and process improvement
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
§ Bachelor degree in Business or related field.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
§ 10+ years of experience in progressive operations or fitness management
§ Experience managing product implementation process
§ Experience in leading simultaneous complex projects from inception to completion.
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
§ Must be able to sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
§ Must be able to work extended hours on occasion.
§ Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.)
- Potential travel requirements to club, regional and corporate offices up to 25% of time.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Fitness