24 Hour Fitness, INC. Area HR Manager in Miramar, Florida
LOCATION 11645 Red Road Space H1 Miramar FL 33025 The Area Human Resources Manager (AHRM) provides leadership and strategic consultation to the District Manager (DM), actively participating as a thought leader in driving business performance from a talent perspective.
- Strategic Partnership with Business Leaders
- Develop highly collaborative relationships with District and General Managers within the region, providing strategic counsel, feedback, and coaching to field leadership.
- Develop and drive strategies to meet changing business and talent needs to support the achievement of company and team goals.
- Participate in business leadership meetings as a strategic partner to identify people related implications.
- Work systematically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root causes, and recommend solutions for HR related business issues. Develop creative and innovative solutions for improvement.
- Visit club locations independently and with field leadership to identify trends and issues, provide guidance and coaching to club leaders on all HR and people related activities.
Develop and maintain strong partnership with corporate functions, acting as a two way conduit of information and influence between corporate and the field.
- Develop our leaders and their leadership capabilities to build high performing teams and organizations. Proactively identify opportunities and gaps and provide guidance on practical courses of action.
- Provide leadership coaching at all levels: assess appropriate development, solutions/intervention strategies for talent needs within each function, including team and bench development.
- Have a pulse on team culture and trends and proactively advise and influence leaders in the planning and development of specific team member engagement strategies to address, implement, and maintain a highly engaged team and culture.
- Work closely with district leaders to help define and implement the people strategies to align with business objectives.
- Lead the enhancement of team capabilities for the district through talent assessment, development, and forward-thinking organizational planning -- workforce planning, bench strength, succession planning.
Lead and support company change management initiatives and serve as a catalyst to ensure changes are implemented with appropriate attention on the change process and people element.
Thought Leader within HR
- Act as a subject matter expert in HR company initiatives and guide business leaders in implementation.
Bring research and best practices to the table as a thought partner within HR.
- Interpret and communicate company policies, and laws and collaborate with legal counsel and field leadership to maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Support management with disciplinary process and all employee separations to ensure fairness and consistency and to minimize potential liability.
- Create job offers for club leadership roles based on sound compensation principles, guidelines, and judgment.
- Create and lead the onboarding strategy and assimilation for all newly placed District Managers
- Partner with internal Team Member Relations team on employee relations and internal investigations and advise and collaborate with business leaders to determine resolution and team member outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities * Proven ability to develop strong strategic working relationships with leaders and act as a strategic partner on all people related decisions. * Strong abilities in root cause analysis and ideating and successfully implementing effective solutions. * Knowledge of effective HR practices, methods and processes in all areas including recruiting and selection, compensation and benefits, employment law and employee relations, performance management, and training and development. * Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment while maintaining focus on delivering strategic objectives. * Ability to work independently setting own priorities and objectives with leadership support. * Skilled at focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, identifying next steps, and effectively meeting deadlines and achieving desired results. * Ability to maintain highly confidential information. * Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously. * Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present to and facilitate both large and small groups. * Knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including ERISA, EEO, LOAs, ADA, Worker's Compensation, COBRA, Wage & Hour and others.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications * Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications * 3+ years of HR Business Partner experience in a multi-unit field organization
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions * This job is field based, and requires the ability to travel and move from location to location frequently.
Travel Requirement * Travel by Car and Airplane up to 80% of the time depending on geographic location.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Human Resources