24 Hour Fitness, INC. Regional Operations Manager - Region 104 in Addison, Texas
LOCATION 14275 Midway Road Suite 200 Addison TX 75001
The Regional Operations Manager is a strategic partner within the organization by providing expert guidance and leading the overall Operations function efforts to ensure execution of all company SOPs. This includes defining and implementing operations strategies and objectives, creating standard operating procedures and executing programs; with the overall objective of enabling revenue and margin growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Estimated % of Time Spent
- Strategic Operations Program Development, Implementation & Oversight
- Provide strategic thought partnership and direction to the corporate Operations team and field organization, including plan development and implementation to support operations initiatives and to improve revenue growth and profitability.
· Facilitate a strong partnership with Corporate and Field business partners to ensure execution of operational SOP's.
· Conduct operations audits on club locations and areas.
· Develop and drive execution against company-wide strategic roadmap supporting club operations including elements of club operating model, labor management, productivity, asset protection, systems, and risk mitigation.
· Implement and evaluate metrics that will measure/evaluate success of operations programs.
· Develop and implement training programs for all levels of field personnel to educate and mitigate operations issues. Maintain ongoing awareness programs in the clubs.
· Improve, facilitate and monitor the performance of club operational audit program, to determine capacity and risk implications and address performance exceptions with appropriate field and corporate business partners.
· Educate Club Leaders on the processes to effectively manage and resolve crisis events in club including acts of nature, assault, robbery, burglary, Kid's Club issues, and serious injury. Ensure that all resolutions comply with applicable laws, company policy and industry best practices to reduce exposure to civil litigation.
· Review exception reporting and analytical tools to identify and respond to loss exposures in membership sales, labor, margin, club environment, and retail shrinkage.
· Research and interpret company-wide and regional trends in member experience, labor, retail shrink, cash loss, margin drain, and member or employee safety issues, providing feedback and making recommendations for improvements.
2. Field Partnership
Teach and help develop Club DM's in building foundationally strong operational teams.
Provide oversight, leadership, mentoring and direction to club leadership across assigned region, including development of company knowledge, policies and procedures.
Partner with DM's to prioritize activities and manage performance to ensure quality standards are met at the regional level related to operations activities (including operational club assessments and general operations attributes).
3. Miscellaneous Duties
Point of contact to route emergency response, threat assessment and follow-up actions on escalated threats and workplace violence incidents.
Educate club leadership on how to procure security detail for special events throughout the year.
Performs other miscellaneous duties or special projects as assigned.
The Regional Operations Manager reports directly to the Director of Field Operations. The Regional Operations Manager interacts with various corporate departments to include Human Resources, Legal, Club Operations, Construction, Facilities, Retail, Finance, Internal Audit, Risk Management and Senior Leadership Team. The Regional Operations Manager has regular interaction with Field Leadership, Field Management and club personnel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Commitment to highest standards of ethical behavior and accountability.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to make presentations at senior management level.
· Outstanding leadership skills and ability to influence change.
· Proven ability to proactively partner with both Corporate and Field organizations.
· Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
· Working knowledge of progressive exception reporting systems a plus (ACL, XBR, LP Aspect, etc.).
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated organization, time management and multi-tasking abilities.
· Detail-oriented and flexible.
· Proven ability in development and implementation of loss prevention programs (project management).
· Knowledge of Business Continuity and Crisis Management programs and procedures.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
· Bachelor's degree in finance, business, psychology or sociology; or equivalent work experience
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
· 5+ years of experience in retail or multi-unit operations management
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
Telephone usage to communicate with internal and external customers.
Sitting: frequent sedentary work.
Viewing computer monitor: average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare document, enter data into computer system, read reports and from computer monitor
Keyboarding: use of fingers to make small movements such as typing.
Work is performed in a normal business office environment. Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence.
· Regular travel to regions and club locations, which may include club locations within any of the eighteen states in which the company operates (as needed).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of Project Management tools.
· Master's degree in finance, business, psychology or sociology.
· Wicklander certified
Work Experience and Qualification
· Experience in retail or fitness industry.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This job may be reviewed as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and Workplace Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and 24 Hour Fitness' policies and procedures.
All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY : In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by 24 Hour Fitness as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to member and team members, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately.
Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Corporate Operations