Date: Oct 23, 2013
Location: San Ramon, CA, US
|Auto req ID:||9354BR|
|Area of Interest:||Merchandising (Retail)|
|Location Name:||90360 Retail - Alloc|
|Address:||12647 Alcosta Blvd|
|Job Description:||GENERAL SUMMARY This position is responsible for ensuring optimal inventory levels down to SKU that maximize sales and margin dollars. The planner partners closely with Category Team to validate and reconcile sales forecasts that drive receipt and inventory needs. He/she must proactively and reactively execute purchases to drive high-volume promotions. Total scope of responsibilities includes pre-season planning, managing open-to-buy, SKU level rebuying for full-price and promotional business, product exit strategy, supporting in-stock goals with consistent DC inventory replenishment, and management of aged/obsolete product. In addition, this position provides analytics on category sales and inventory performance, and recommends business changes to improve financial performance and inventory productivity. The Planner role may oversee an Allocation Analyst, providing sales forecasts and data to drive allocations and to ensure the allocation strategy and execution aligns with incoming purchases and business need. Planners are responsible for interfacing with the Logistics Manager to ensure the DC is aware of all inbound deliveries and anticipated material changes to inventory levels.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inventory Planning and Analysis (50%)
· Manage monthly forecasting and annual planning of purchases and inventory that drive pre-season plans and in-season open-to-buy merchandise forecasting.
· Develop seasonal inventory budgets that support sales expectations and support turnover and margin targets at the category level.
· Formally determines and executes both DC replenishment and seasonal purchase order amounts for assigned product categories.
· Responsible for reviewing sales and inventory performance for all assigned categories.
· Responsible for collaborating with Category Management on 90 day rolling sales forecast at SKU and category level.
· Maximize sales through effective purchasing and inventory management activities in anticipation of forecasted demand.
· Approves all open-order moves, cancellations, shortages, etc. for assigned categories.
· Responsible for supporting club in-stock goals for assigned categories through effective and consistent DC inventory availability and category level turn-over budget.
· Monthly reporting of key inventory metrics.
· Communicate with vendors to monitor timely delivery or product.
2. Product Liquidation Management (15%)
· Develops and manages exit strategies for products designated for liquidation, whether obsolete, expired, end-of-season, or poorly performing.
Publishes monthly and quarterly reviews anticipating aged/obsolete inventory exposure with recommendations to minimize risk and meet liquidation timing.Problem-solve issues negatively impacting liquidation with cross-functional partners -- Category Management, Inventory Control, Club Operations, and Logistics.
3. Managing Allocation Analyst (15%)
· Strategizes with Allocation Analyst on club level replenishment and event based allocation execution.
· Communicate inventory management strategies and timelines to Analyst, insuring effective execution.
· Problem solves issues hampering Analyst’s success.
· Maintain fair, positive, and open work environment.
4. Interface with Logistics Manager (10%)
· Collaborates with Logistics Manager on the creation of the monthly warehouse calendar of events and inbound volume estimates for assigned categories.
· Proactively coordinates with logistics team on new or special product handling needs.
5. Other Duties (10%)
· Special Projects as assigned.
· Ad-hoc analysis and recap.
· Support for merchandising system enhancements.
· Collaborate on process improvement.
Relationships exist with Sr. Dir. of Planning and Logistics, Sr. Dir. of Category Management, Category Manager, Logistics Manager, Sr. Manager of Retail Operations, Inventory Control, Finance, IT and Club service staff.
The individual in this position must be able to receive and relay information in a quick and efficient manner, and must have excellent follow up skills. He/she will have contact with company executives, management and club employees, as well as negotiations with outside companies and agencies, necessitating a polished and professional demeanor.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Hands-on experience in Retail planning/inventory management and the fundamental skillset typically associated with a planning role.
· Prior experience in allocations/store planning preferred.
· Strong analytical skills and retail math skills supportive of fact-based decisions and recommendations.
· Strong budgeting skills and opportunity cost case-building.
· Creative problem solving skills.
· Strong sense of appropriate urgency.
· Highly consumer focused / driven to achieve top rate customer service.
· Ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include corporate partners, field partners, and corporate retail team.
· Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
· Must have excellent oral and written skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver succinct presentations.
· Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Power Point).
o Exceptional Excel skills for analysis and planning.
· Effective management of a direct report.
· Ability to adjust to and manage continuous change.
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
Bachelor’s degree in business.
3) Minimum experience:
Min. 5 years direct experience in Retail merchandise planning/inventory management.History of increasing responsibility, developing a broad base of business skills.Experience successfully partnering with category management and internal customer teams.
4) Physical Requirements:
Occasional lifting.Light travel
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Merchandising, Outside Sales, Category Manager, Business Process, Retail, Sales, Management