Group Exercise Instructor Job
Date: Jul 5, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Company: 24 Hour Fitness
|Auto req ID:||5746BR|
|Job Title:||Group Exercise Instructor|
|Area of Interest:||Group X|
|Location Name:||00892 Balboa SS - CA|
|Address:||7715 Balboa Ave|
|Job Description:||The following is an outline of the primary job duties for a Group X Instructor. The list is not intended to be inclusive, but only representative of the primary tasks required for the successful performance of the position.|
• Possesses the ability to follow directions.
• Submits all work in accordance with deadlines.
• Adheres and enforces department/company policies and procedures.
• Attends instructor trainings and meetings as required.
• Assists in promoting sessions, programs, and events as directed.
• Directs member concerns to AGXM or appropriate club personnel
• Reviews and complies with 24 Hour Fitness and GXI Manual (and Group X Manual DVD) information
• Stores and cares for all equipment neatly, appropriately as directed.
• Reports broken equipment and maintenance needs to AGXM/GXC and documents problem in equipment/ stereo maintenance log
• Maintains home or work email and phone accessibility
• Returns emails and phone calls within 48 hours.
• Follows 24 Hour Fitness Group X guidelines on finding a substitute or giving up a session
• Reports/responds to substitution requests and availability
• Reviews GXI e-newsletter, 24 Hour Fitness and GX information and updates as directed by AGXS
• Reviews GXI communication station 1x week
• Updates GXI Instructor Profile and related documents twice per year (June and December)
• Adheres to Group X Instructor Excellence Program requirements.
• Records sessions taught according to Time & Labor guidelines
• Records session counts on Time & Labor as directed
• Performs Time & Labor adjustments as needed
• Recruits and refers potential candidates to Instructor Search, Instructor Training and Xpedition
• Attends Practice to Pass to qualify for new session assignments
• Obtains required 24 Hour Fitness CECs for current session assignments.
• Remains current with Group exercise guidelines, research and Group X signature format guidelines.
• Maintains current CPR certificate and company approved industry certifications
• Works no more than 15sessions between all clubs assigned
• Instructs no more than 5 sessions at any one club
• Instructs no more than 2 prime time sessions per club
• Instructs and leads scheduled, Group X approved sessions only
• Teaches scheduled session format as per Group X guidelines (GXI Manual DVD)
• Starts and finishes session as scheduled.
• Completes Incident Report for injuries, incidents
• Handles minor member concerns
• Supports 24 Hour Fitness company policies and procedures.
• Promotes all 24Hour Fitness events as directed
• Is punctual, dependable and positive
• Educates members on safe techniques and guidelines
• Instructs session to the ability level of the students participating.
• Monitors participants through perceived rate of exertion and response to instructor’s directions.
• Works with participants to achieve their exercise goals
• Interacts with members before and after exercise sessions and addresses their questions and needs
• Welcomes new members/guests to sessions
• Recruits potential new members for sessions
• Refers in-session participants to the Group X Session Pass located on 24 Hour Fitness website for guest passes
• Increases member attendance by developing teaching skills and motivation techniques
• Maintains a professional attitude toward responsibilities, fellow instructors, club staff and members.
• Projects a professional and healthy image through dress, behavior and attitude.
• Influences participants so that they leave workout session feeling refreshed and in a positive state of mind
• No direct supervision of employees.
• Supervises all session participants, ensuring safe and proper exercises and techniques.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to monitor and insure the quality and safety of session participants. GX Instructors must uphold current industry and 24 Hour Fitness continuing education, training and specific session format requirements to remain qualified to teach. The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be adopted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required essential job functions.
• Communication skills
• Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles.
• Good people skills with people of all ages.
• Ability to deal with a diversity of individuals.
• Current CPR.
• Current approved Group X primary certification
• Must maintain required additional training as it relates to session format being taught.
• Must maintain current GXI certification, training and CEC/CEU requirements as per company standards
Physical effort required to carry out daily duties such as lifting weights, bending, squatting, reaching, walking, hopping, jumping and kicking.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
• Communication skills.
• Ability to effectively demonstrate all skills being taught to participants.
• Regular interaction with participants before, during, and following exercise sessions.
• Interaction with club management.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: Instructor, Training Instructor, Education