Group Exercise Instructor
Date: Sep 6, 2014
Location: Humble, TX, US
Company: 24 Hour Fitness
|Auto req ID:||110BR|
|Job Title:||Group Exercise Instructor|
|Area of Interest:||Group X|
|Location Name:||00349 Atascocita - TX|
|Address:||7068 FM 1960 E|
|Job Description:||GENERAL SUMMARY: The Group X Instructor leads members through group exercise activities. The Group X Instructor (GXI) educates participants about useful and safe exercises, assists them in achieving exercise goals and creates a fun workout environment for all populations pursuant to the 24 Hour Fitness Standards of Excellence. Instructor leads members through group exercise activities in a classroom setting.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Technical Duties (50%)
- Educates members on safe techniques and guidelines
- Greet all members and orients new participants
- Instructs class to the ability level of the students participating
- Monitor participants through perceived rate of exertion
- Works with participants to achieve fitness goals
- Encourages new participants and orients them to class
- Utilize schedule source for personal class scheduling and class substitution
- Comply with all of 24 Hour Fitness company policies and procedures
2. Administrative Duties (40%)
- Instructs group exercise classes according to schedule and according to company standards
- Starts and finishes class on time as scheduled
- Stores all equipment neatly and appropriately
- Documents equipment problems in club maintenance log and reports problem to Service Manager
- Attends instructor trainings and supervisor’s meetings
3. Promotion (10%)
- Participates in all GX department events, club events and company events
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The position has no direct supervision of employees. The GXI has interaction with participants to ensure that exercises and drills are performed in a safe and effective manner. The GXI also has interaction with club management staff.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to deal with a diversity of individuals
- Ability to communicate with people of all age groups
- Strong Communication skills
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles
- Ability to effectively demonstrate all skills being taught to participants
- Posses the ability to follow directions
- Maintains a professional attitude toward responsibilities, fellow instructors, club staff and members.
- Be punctual and exhibit a positive attitude.
- Project a professional image through dress, behavior and attitude.
- Must be outgoing, energetic and able to perform in front of an audience.
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Current Group Exercise approved certification is preferred
- Additional training in specialty formats may be required
3) Minimum experience:
- Prior six months experience in taking group exercise activities is preferred.
4) Physical Requirements:
- Lifting of light weights, jumping, squatting, walking, hopping, kicking
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Instructor, Training Instructor, Education