Facility Technician Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Houston, TX, US
|Auto req ID:||7278BR|
|Job Title:||Facility Technician|
|Area of Interest:||Facilities|
|Location Name:||00659 Houston Rice VillageSuperSpoTX|
|Address:||2500 Dunstan Rd|
|Job Description:||Club and Equipment Maintenance|
- Ensures proper operation of all club areas including: Exterior and Entrance areas, Sales Area, Racquetball Courts, Exercise and Cardio Rooms, Weight Rooms, Locker Rooms, Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Baby-sitting Area, Aerobics Room, Employee Break Room, Storage Room and any other areas that are located within 24 Hour Fitness leased space
- Maintenance of (or oversees outside service provider maintenance) pool/spa to ensure proper chemical balances and drains and cleans spas after hours as needed
- Performs monthly fire extinguisher checks
- Works closely with the Club Manager and Service Manager and Club Manager to discuss club maintenance needs and repairs, conducts a daily walk-through with the Service Manager, and maintains a Maintenance Log and ensures follow through and communication on these items
- Conducts a daily safety walk-through of the Facility to identify and address any immediate safety concerns. Meets with the District Facility Technician Manager on a regular basis in the club to do a walkthrough in the club and to receive hands on support, training and direction from the DFTM.
- Conducts a thorough inspection in the facility on a weekly basis to ensure facility and equipment adheres to 24 Hour Fitness standards
- Works on special projects as directed by the Club Manager
- Maintains the history file on all equipment.
- Procure repair parts, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Performs monthly OSHA safety checks as required on the OSHA / PM guidelines.
- Has been trained in and follows all OSHA, company and Facilities department safety guidelines on a daily basis.
1. Preventative Maintenance
- Performs preventative maintenance as directed by 24 Hour Fitness Corporate Office and individual manufacturer specifications
- Maintains a log of Preventative Maintenance
- Attends Area meetings
- Attends Area training sessions and equipment vendor training sessions as directed by District Facility Technician Manager
- Reports any substandard cleanliness issues to the Club Manager
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Will need to communicate with Facilities Management Personnel, all Club Personnel, Members, and Manufacturer’s Service Representatives,
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Must be highly organized and able to handle a multi-task environment
- Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity and an excellent work ethic
- Diligence and a strong understanding of liability issues and personal and/or public injury related to satisfactory completion of the above listed duties a must
- Must have general understanding of computer skills including email
- Technical skills include general experience in the repair and maintenance of equipment and physical building. General knowledge of HVAC and/or electrical equipment.
- Non-technical skills required to handle the job responsibilities include attention to detail, leadership skills, communication skills, problem solving/analytical abilities, time management skills, etc..
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Must complete the Facilities Management Technician Training Program
3) Minimum experience:
- 2 years experience in operations/maintenance preferred
- Previous experience in health club maintenance strongly preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
- Duties may include physical effort, including the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., bending, squatting, reaching, or being on feet for long periods of time
- Duties include exposure to pool chemicals, cleaning supplies, and periodic grease/oil from cardiovascular equipment
- Must be available for overtime work
- Must maintain suitable transportation
- Must report to work in a 24 Hour Fitness approved uniform
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segments: Facilities, Technician, Outside Sales, Inspector, HVAC, Operations, Technology, Sales, Quality