Facility Technician Job
Date: Mar 11, 2014
Location Falls Church, VA, US
Company: 24 Hour Fitness
|Auto req ID:||6144BR|
|Job Title:||Facility Technician|
|Area of Interest:||Facilities|
|Location Name:||00818 Falls Church SS - VA|
|Address:||1000 East Broad Street|
|Job Description:||Club and Equipment Maintenance|
- Ensures proper operation of all club areas including: Exterior and Entrance areas, Sales Area, Racquetball Courts, Exercise and Cardio Rooms, Weight Rooms, Locker Rooms, Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Baby-sitting Area, Aerobics Room, Employee Break Room, Storage Room and any other areas that are located within 24 Hour Fitness leased space
- Maintenance of (or oversees outside service provider maintenance) pool/spa to ensure proper chemical balances and drains and cleans spas after hours as needed
- Performs monthly fire extinguisher checks
- Works closely with the Club Manager and Service Manager and Club Manager to discuss club maintenance needs and repairs, conducts a daily walk-through with the Service Manager, and maintains a Maintenance Log and ensures follow through and communication on these items
- Conducts a daily safety walk-through of the Facility to identify and address any immediate safety concerns. Meets with the District Facility Technician Manager on a regular basis in the club to do a walkthrough in the club and to receive hands on support, training and direction from the DFTM.
- Conducts a thorough inspection in the facility on a weekly basis to ensure facility and equipment adheres to 24 Hour Fitness standards
- Works on special projects as directed by the Club Manager
- Maintains the history file on all equipment.
- Procure repair parts, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Performs monthly OSHA safety checks as required on the OSHA / PM guidelines.
- Has been trained in and follows all OSHA, company and Facilities department safety guidelines on a daily basis.
1. Preventative Maintenance
- Performs preventative maintenance as directed by 24 Hour Fitness Corporate Office and individual manufacturer specifications
- Maintains a log of Preventative Maintenance
- Attends Area meetings
- Attends Area training sessions and equipment vendor training sessions as directed by District Facility Technician Manager
- Reports any substandard cleanliness issues to the Club Manager
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Will need to communicate with Facilities Management Personnel, all Club Personnel, Members, and Manufacturer’s Service Representatives,
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Must be highly organized and able to handle a multi-task environment
- Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity and an excellent work ethic
- Diligence and a strong understanding of liability issues and personal and/or public injury related to satisfactory completion of the above listed duties a must
- Must have general understanding of computer skills including email
- Technical skills include general experience in the repair and maintenance of equipment and physical building. General knowledge of HVAC and/or electrical equipment.
- Non-technical skills required to handle the job responsibilities include attention to detail, leadership skills, communication skills, problem solving/analytical abilities, time management skills, etc..
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Must complete the Facilities Management Technician Training Program
3) Minimum experience:
- 2 years experience in operations/maintenance preferred
- Previous experience in health club maintenance strongly preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
- Duties may include physical effort, including the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., bending, squatting, reaching, or being on feet for long periods of time
- Duties include exposure to pool chemicals, cleaning supplies, and periodic grease/oil from cardiovascular equipment
- Must be available for overtime work
- Must maintain suitable transportation
- Must report to work in a 24 Hour Fitness approved uniform
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Technician, Facilities, Outside Sales, HVAC, Inspector, Technology, Operations, Sales, Quality